Michael Davidson has over 25 years of progressive private/public sector management, business development and marketing experience. He has worked extensively with private and public organizations seeking strategic planning and management. His ability to develop, promote and implement major program initiatives has led to numerous private/public sector partnerships.
He was Executive Director of the Montauk Chamber of Commerce from 1986-90.
From 1990 -1997 Mr. Davidson was President of the Long Island Convention & Visitors Bureau.
From 1997 to 2002 he worked with tourism organizations in Sullivan County, New York and Mystic, Connecticut.
From 2003 – 2005 he was Executive Director of the Glen Cove Chamber of Commerce.
From 2005 to 2011 he was President / CEO of Tourism Walla Walla.
Mr. Davidson served as President of the New York State Tourism Promotional Agencies of which he was a founding member, and was a New York State delegate representing Long Island at the 1995 White House Conference on Tourism. He served as chairman of the public relations committee of the Salvation Army's Riverhead Corps Advisory Council, and was a board member of the Glen Cove Youth Board.
While in Walla Walla Mr. Davidson served as:
• Vice-President - Washington State Convention and Visitors Bureau Association
• Member of the organizing committee of “Riding the Wave” which led to the formation of the Walla Walla Community Council
• President of Exchange Club of Walla Walla a local service group which focused on reducing child abuse in Southeastern Washington
• Founding Member of Partnership Walla Walla – a coalition of economic development organizations focusing on regional projects
• Founding Board member of the Walla Walla Chamber Music Festival
In 2011 Tourism Walla Walla led the community effort which resulted in Walla Walla being named the “Friendliest Small Town in America” by Rand McNally and USA Today.