Director of Administration and Finance
Salina Airport Authority
As Director of Administration and Finance of the Salina Airport Authority, Michelle Swanson helps lead the vibrant and thriving Salina Regional Airport and the Salina Airport Industrial Center.
Michelle is committed to the existing businesses and organizations at the airport and serves as a resource to the entities not only in financial related matters, but also with issues related to human resources, marketing and business expansions. Michelle has experience in working with airport businesses throughout all stages of a company life cycle.
Michelle has worked in financial management for more than 2 decades. She obtained her B.S. in Business from Fort Hays State University in 1991 and her B.A. in Accounting from Kansas Wesleyan University in 2008. She began working for the Salina Airport Authority in 1998.
Michelle's proficiency was instrumental in the selection of the Salina Airport as Mission Control and the launch/landing site for Virgin Atlantic GlobalFlyer's international record attempt to fly around the world solo, non-stop, and non-refueled.
Michelle has participated in the following professional organizations:
- American Association of Airport Executives, Certified Member
- Kansas Association of Airports
- Kansas Aviation Advisory and Review Committee
Non-profit and civic leadership roles include:
- Salina Area Technical College Foundation Board Member
- Catechist - St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Church
- United Way - Past Chairman for Government Agency Fund Raising
- Salina Area Chamber of Commerce - Leadership Salina 1999 Graduate
- Great Salina Community Foundation Past Board Member